+ Al-Right Scion & Trump Chief Strategist Bannon Says Media Should ‘Shut Up’: Jumpy much? That seems to be the case with Trump Administration Chief Strategist Steve Bannon, right-wing populist and former head of the divisive, insensitive, vitriolic, mysoginistic and anti-semetic site Breitbart News. In an interview with the New York Times on Wednesday, Bannon effectively attacked free speech when he characterized the media as the “opposition party” and said that it should “keep its mouth shut and listen for a while.” Interesting coming from a guy whose personally crafted Breitbart News headlines such as (And tons more “gems” from Breitbart can be found here) :
- “BILL KRISTOL: REPUBLICAN SPOILER, RENEGADE JEW”
- “THERE’S NO HIRING BIAS AGAINST WOMEN IN TECH, THEY JUST SUCK AT INTERVIEWS”
- “BIRTH CONTROL MAKES WOMEN UNATTRACTIVE AND CRAZY”
- “THE SOLUTION TO ONLINE HARASSMENT IS SIMPLE: WOMEN SHOULD LOG OFF”
So it seems to me that this flagrant, arrogant, bigoted, twisted perspective, alternate fact loving and creepy alternate reality living sycophant should take his own advice and just shut up and listen … to the millions of voices who marched in solidarity against the Trump administration, to the sound of common sense and unfailing human decency. Just shut up and listen for a while, Steve Bannon, because WE WILL NOT BE SILENT. So get comfy, it’s going to be a long four years.
+ Trump’s Abysmal Approval Ratings: A Quinnipiac University poll released today reveals that the country is not so confident that Trump’s on the right track to so-called “Make America Great Again”. According to the poll, a paltry 36% of American voters approve of Trump’s first week executive order “tear.” Former President Barack Obama garnered a 59% approval rating after his inauguration in 2009. However, over 50% of Americans did say they were “optimistic” about the Trump presidency. Another highlight of the poll is that a significant amount of Americans state that they don’t believe Trump is levelheaded (offending key ally and Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto) or honest (Press Secretary Sean Spicer lying about inauguration turnout number, or Trump’s debunked and unsubstantiated claims of voter fraud). And just think, all the aforementioned antics and Make-America-Great-Again Greatness happened in just the first week of the new administration! Have mercy … if it wasn’t so dangerous, it would be laughable.
+ Supreme Court Pick Announcement Coming Soon: In a tweet sent out to his some 22 million followers on early Wednesday morning, Trump informed the world that he will “be making my Supreme Court pick on Thursday of next week. Thank you!”
Apparently, Trump has narrowed his selection to three choices:
- Neil Gorsuch, 49 (and the reported leading contender): Appointed by former president George W. Bush to a federal judgeship on the US Court of Appeals for the 10th District of Denver, Gorsuch has maintains a strident position on religious liberty and supported claims by corporations who have claimed that providing contraceptives to their employees violates their religious beliefs. Really winner this one.
- William H. Pryor, 54: Pryor was nominated to the post of federal judge on the US Court of Appeals for the 11th District in Atlanta. Pryor has been quoted as saying that the Supreme Court’s decision on Roe v. Wade is “the worst abomination of constitutional law in our history”. You know you’re in for a fun time when someone uses the word ‘abomination’.
- Thomas Hardiman, 51: Just like the other two on this list, Hardiman was appointed by George W. Bush in 2005 to a federal judgeship on the US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit in Philadelphia. He is looked up on as a strong supporter of police enforcement and the 2nd Amendment.
Well, here’s to the New Dark Age and all the progress, joy and fairness it will bring We the People. Sarcasm aside, let’s remain encouraged, vigilant and committed to the fact that we are still here and that we aren’t going anywhere!
Think Passionately. Disrupt Strategically.
-A. Lawrence Haskins
ALH Around the Web: